Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Welcome to Classical Bash!

Hello and welcome to the Classical Bash blog! This is the place to spout off about classical music, like favorite performances/performers, likes, dislikes, whatever happens to come to mind. It's not just about classical, either! Should you like to introduce another related musical genre, feel free! Mostly, though, it's going to be about classical.

A little about me: my name is Kate. I've been a pianist for 16 years now--gosh, that makes me sound old--and I've loved classical music since I was a kid. My favorite composers are Bach (J.S.) and Chopin but I'll listen to pretty much anything where classical is concerned. Though I have to say, I've been listening to quite a bit of Beethoven lately, though I usually stick to the piano repertoire where he's concerned. Other than that, music is pretty much my life. It's GREAT!

About my cohort, Jeff: I'm going to let him fill in most of his background but I will say that we met through my job at a local library. We got to talking about music and lo and behold, here we are.

Other than that, not much to fill in for the first post. I wanted to get all the background-y stuff out of the way but now that's done, so...ON TO THE MUSIC!

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Now this looks interesting! Jeff told me what the two of you were planning, and I must say that I approve. Jeff and I became friends because we both love classical music. My favorites tend to come from the classical period itself--Hayden, Mozart, Beethoven. But I love Schubert and I adore Tchaikovsky, and there's Bruckner or Mahler to be heard I'll take the time to listen.

Wish you all the best! Let it rip! Daniel

7/14/2005 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home